4 Simple Tips To Get Rid Of Old Scars Naturally
Scars remind us of painful accidents or surgeries we have conquered not so long ago.
However, not many of us proudly show off our scars like a badge to be proud of. Instead of winning brownie points from the cool crowd, many women would rather hide those unsightly scars.
The first solution one might think of would probably involve going to a clinic and getting some sort of surgery.
The good news is, it’s not actually necessary to pay a high amount of money to get rid of old scars. There are actually plenty of simple and natural ways to get rid of them.
Below this article is a list of remedies you can try, even from the comforts of your own home.
Whether you’re trying to hide something that has been there for quite some time, or if you are preventing a scar from becoming a permanent sight on your skin, there’s a solution for you.
Unsurprisingly, we don’t just acquire scars by getting into an accident or after going under the knife. We can also get scars from something as simple as a mosquito bite, or from something very common like acne or chickenpox.
Scars are formed when your skin gets damaged and new collagen is formed to mend the skin once again.
Think of it as a fresh new coat of paint on an old car with a scratch - if not done properly, you can definitely tell where the scratch was, even if the shade of color was the same.
The guide below will tell you how you can try to get rid of old scars with very simple ingredients.
If you have been trying different methods before, don’t lose hope. Perhaps there is a technique here which you haven’t tried. Perhaps a natural alternative can do the trick?
Remember that removing scars isn’t very easy; do not expect it to heal overnight. But if you are patient and diligently use one of these remedies below on a regular basis, there is a high possibility that your scars can fade over time.
Lemons are proven to be quite effective in lightening skin. They contain alpha hydroxy acids which are great for treating damaged skin.
Lemon juice is also a great exfoliator as it helps in removing dead skin cells and promotes skin cell growth.
- 1. Thoroughly cleanse the area where you would like to apply lemon juice on
- 2. Lightly pat the area dry with a clean towel
- 3. Squeeze lemon into a small bowl and dip the cotton ball into it
- 4. Dab the affected area with the lemon juice and leave for about 10 minutes
- 5. Rinse with water and apply some sunscreen
Aloe vera is another natural ingredient that helps in healing scars and many other skin problems.
It also has anti-inflammatory properties and skin regenerating properties. This is perfect if you are trying to heal a new wound that is about to form into a scar.
- 1. Simply purchase organic aloe vera or a bottle or natural aloe vera gel from a pharmacy
- 2. Apply an amount just enough to cover the affected area
- 3. Massage lightly into skin for about 10 minutes
- 4. Leave it on and do not rinse.
Honey is probably one of the oldest natural remedies that’s known to help skin regeneration.
And paired with baking soda which exfoliate the skin, this solution is set to renew your skin, banishing any old scars or blemishes you might have.
- 1. Mix 1 teaspoon of raw honey and 1 teaspoon of baking soda into a small bowl
- 2. Before applying, make sure that your skin is clean and free from dirt
- 3. Massage the solution onto the scar for about 3-5 minutes
- 4. Place a hot towel over the area and wipe clean after the towel turns cool
Tea Tree Oil is often overlooked when it comes to scar-healing remedies. But this does not mean that it is not as effective.
Tea Tree Oil contains phytochemicals that can reduce scars gradually. This is also good for newers wounds as it can also protect it from infections.
- 1. Dilute 2-3 drops of tea tree oil with 1 teaspoon of water or oil
- 2. Massage desired area for about 3-5 minutes
- 3. If possible, leave it on overnight for better results
Getting rid of scars may sound impossible to do, especially for bigger and deeper cuts.
But this does not mean that these techniques do not work. If you have tried doing so before, you would understand that lightening scars can take up a lot of time, even years for it to fully fade.
Do you have a scar-fading story you would like to share with us? Tell us your secrets by commenting down below. We would love to hear from you. And if you know someone who might need this article, please share this blog with them!