Travelling is always exciting, but carrying heavy luggage will definitely slow you down. No matter how much we attempt to skimp on some of our belongings, it is inevitable to leave behind even the barest necessities.
Many people would easily choose to remove their heavy and chunky hair dryers. This guide will show you five of the best hair dryers made for travelling so you can start travelling with style.
What Makes A Good Travel Hair Dryer?
It is easy to get overwhelmed by the number of travel hair dryers available. Consider the following guidelines before making a purchase. Hopefully, this guide will help you find the perfect travel hair dryer for your vacation.
1. How Much Can Your Luggage Carry?
Understanding the amount of space you have left on your luggage can help you determine the type of hair dryer you need to have.
After seeing how much space you can allot for the hair dryer, decide if you can afford to bring other accessories that come with a hair dryer.
If not, it is time to look for standalone options. Apart from the amount of space, you must also consider the weight of your ideal travel hair dryer.
Doing so will help you avoid lugging a heavy suitcase. You might even save some money by avoiding overweight baggage in airlines.
2. What Is Your Ideal Hair Dryer?
As expected, travel hair dryers come in different forms and may even have specific features. Assess which functions you require for the ideal hair dryer.
Perhaps an ergonomic and space-saving design or a speedy drying function is all you need?
Remember that a travel hair dryer is not meant to be as robust as a regular dryer. The limited size may not be able to carry all the features you need.
But of course, this does not mean that they fall behind in terms of quality and their ability to get the job done right.
3. What Is Your Budget?
Travel hair dryers are normally more affordable than a regular hair dryer because they are considerably smaller in size and are simpler in terms of features.
But occasionally, you may find one or more travel dryers that are pricier than the rest.
Knowing your budget can help you decide on which functions you are willing to put your money on.
This will eventually help you narrow down your options in choosing a travel hair dryer.
4. What Is Your Hair Type?
Even when buying regular hair dryers, it is important to take note of the type of hair the hair dryer’s intended user has.
Many dryers have more heat and power settings, while some are just limited to 2 to 3 settings.
While it is simple, it may not be beneficial for your hair.
Some hair types do not handle heat very well, especially for dyed or bleached hair. While hardware may be very important, also consider the user of the product.
5. Consider Additional Features
Just like regular hair dryers, travel hair dryers may also come in a plethora of features; most of them very specific for travelling.
In fact, plenty of newer hair dryers now have the adapter function already included. There’s no need to worry about travelling to a country with different plugs.
Hardware aside, travel hair dryers may also come with various add-ons for hair styling.
If you’re going to a place where intensive styling is needed, like a wedding or a formal occasion, you may want to consider getting those additional features.
Five Best Travel Hair Dryers
Below is a list of travel hair dryers that prove to be worthy contenders as the best travel must-haves for stylish travelers. First, here is our ranking of these items:
**Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
The BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium 3000 Dryer has a simple and beautiful form, but that’s not all there is to it.
Compared to cheaper hair dryers, the BaBylissPRO dries hair without making it frizzy.
Instead, it finishes with a smooth and silky feel to your hair.
Despite its size, it can dry your hair a lot faster than plenty of other dryers in the market.
No matter how thick or long your hair is, the BaByliss promises to shorten the time you usually spend drying your hair. Overall, this product is of high quality for a travel hair dryer.
- Good power and heat settings
- Ergonomic handle design
- Dries hair faster than most hair dryers
- Frizz-free hair even after speedy use
- Affordable, simple and easy to use
- Does not add extra heavy weight to your luggage
- Red finish on its body fades after continuous use
- Shorter motor life compared to other brands
- Air power considerably weaker
The Prodryer Hair Dryer is perhaps the best option for people who love to style their hair. In fact, many hair stylists would recommend you to use this product.
The Prodryer comes with 2 blow dry attachments, and it is also adjustable to 2 speeds and 3 heat settings.
For a travel hair dryer, the Prodryer offers a lot of styling possibilities despite being one of the heavier options on this list.
Another great reason to try this dryer out is the fact that it also promises a quick finish with its strong air power and robust motors.
- Professional hair salon grade - stylists actually recommend this dryer
- Great value for its price; one of the more affordable travel hair dryers
- Powerful portable dryer despite its size
- Motors one of the strongest in this list
- Heat settings are easy to control
- Comes with 2 blow dry attachments
- Adjustable speeds with a variety of heat settings
- Easily gets too hot during use; chances of overheating are a lot higher
- The robust motors add in extra weight even while using
- Heavier build compared to other travel dryers
- Power might be too strong for some users
If there was one hair dryer that was made for traveling, that would definitely be the Travel Smart by Conair.
This dryer’s body is ergonomic, lightweight, and it even has the function to fold its handle; making this the best dryer for space saving purposes.
But the best part is that this dryer was built for international use.
Forgetting to bring an adaptor is one of the most common mistakes in packing your luggage.
But with the Travel Smart, you no longer need to carry around an adapter with you - this dryer comes with a built-in function.
If you need a simple hair dryer that will do the trick during your next vacation, this is your best option. Not to mention the amount of space you can save by leaving behind adapters.
- Does not need converter for international use; comes with adapter function
- Lightweight making it perfect for travelling; easy to pack
- Great heat and air power settings
- Louder compared to most hair dryers
- Easily overheats due to strong heat settings
- Air power too strong for some users
- Adapter function is not compatible in most countries and may only last for a few minutes
The 1875w Hair Dryer is a simple and classic dryer that will do the trick even with half the size of a regular hair dryer.
The great thing about the 1875w is the compact design and its strong power, making hair drying a breeze. Handles are also well designed for a better grip.
However, there are a few major setbacks to the 1875w. Because of its power, the motors make it a bit heavier compared to other dryers.
This may be a problem for travelers who wish to have lighter luggage. But for the people who want to invest in quality motors, this is the dryer for you.
Additionally, this dryer also comes with a lint cap for convenient cleaning after use. This function might just make up for its shortfall in better portability.
- Compact and ergonomically designed
- Comes with a lint cap for easy cleaning
- Speedy hair drying function despite its tiny size
- Easy-to-grip handle avoids slippage from hands
- Voltage change function does not always work
- Shorter life compared to other dryers
- Weight can become strenuous during use
- Bigger and heavier than most travel dryers due to its heavy motors
Remington is quite the popular brand; it is no surprise that the company could also create one of the best travel hair dryer options out today.
The Remington D5000 is an affordable dryer, but this does not make it the weaker hair dryer. In fact, it is quite a high quality dryer for its price.
Just like most travel dryers, the Remington D5000 also features an ergonomic but space-saving design.
It is also lightweight with an easy grip handle, preventing the dryer from slipping from its user's hands. In short, this is also the best option for people who need something strong but simple.
- Small but has very powerful heat and air power settings
- Space saving design; easy to pack into your luggage
- Lightweight and easy to handle ergonomic design
- Compact design does not take up a lot of storage space
- Quite loud given the size of the product
- High heat setting too hot for use
- Air power not strong enough
Do You Have A Travel Hair Dryer?
Beyond size and weight, a great travel hair dryer is also one that takes good care of your hair. Have you used any of these hair dryers before? What functions would you like to see on a travel hair dryer?
Let us know in the comments below.
You Might Also Like:Your Quick Guide To Buying The Best Hot Roller